Who Can Join?
United Community Credit Union is a non-profit organization owned and operated by its members for the benefit of all who belong.
Individuals living or working in the counties of Adams, Brown, Hancock, Pike, and Schuyler in Illinois and individuals living or working in Lewis, Marion, & Ralls counties in Missouri are eligible to join our credit union.
Any employee who works at one of our select employee groups is also able to belong. Our eligible employee groups are listed under Membership Information.
Click here to view our select employee groups.
Requirements for opening an account
Please have 2 form of ID’s when opening an account.
Forms of photo ID we can accept:
- Driver’s license, state issued ID, or instruction permit
- Student ID (current year)
- Military ID
- Medicare card only in cases that they don’t have a driver’s license
If addresses are not the same as on the photo ID, we will need proof of address. Acceptable proof of address:
- Utility bill (gas or electric, water, or phone bill)
- Paystub or paycheck from current employer
- Medical bill
- Tax bill
- Voter registration
- Insurance Policy/Documents
- Vehicle registration
- W2 or current tax forms
- Letter/Correspondence from the state (Medicaid or child support)
- Letter/Correspondence from Social Security Administration
If wanting to add a joint owner on an account, it would be the same requirements as the primary owner. All must be present to sign documents in the branch.